Tuesday, March 20, 2012

dream

Two nights ago I had to most spectacular dream. I dreamt that once a year, on Friday the 13th, there was a day where al thoughts became real. Anything you thought burst into being in thin air in front of you. You can imagine, considering the speed at which thought race through our head, and the terrible thoughts many people think of, that it was chaos!

People everywhere were staring at the ground, trying to think of nothing and miserably failing and causing horrible gruesome accidents. So many people, included myself, just stuck with trying to think about one harmless thing. I thought about all the toys I could remember playing with in my childhood, and they sprang to life in front m of me in various forms, none of them quite right and most of them blended together. I got bored and that and decided to think of a spectacular adventure instead, a treasure hunt in an old, moss-covered house with aquariums full of sea creatures.

But then I came upon a man who had thought himself into quite a situation. There was a hole in his throat, about the size of a tennis ball, and there was garbage spewing out of it. He was terrified, because he couldn't stop it and the only way to save his life was to kill himself (on this one day per year, if you killed yourself you could come back to life the next day). He was trying to drown himself in a swimming pool, but he couldn't. Another man and I helped him, by holding him under the water until he stopped breathing. It was disturbing but felt like a rescue mission, since we knew it was the only way to save him.

Eventually I just sat on the ground and looked around at the dirt around me, and decided to make it all mossy and pretty. I stared at the ground, touching it and willing the moss to grow and spread. It was fun and beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment